If there’s one thing that can make or break a good workout, it’s music. A well-timed banger can be enough to help us power through the last leg of a 5-mile run, yet an out-of-place track can totally punch the wind right out of our sails. But there’s something even worse than an untimely song: Imagine going for a leisurely jog when your swinging arms accidentally disconnect your headphones. We’ve all suffered through that sudden burst of terrifying silence. It definitely isn’t fun. But thankfully, with so many wireless options available, cable technology is slowly but surely becoming a thing of the past. In fact, there may be too many wireless headphones out there. So many that we don’t even know which ones to get. That’s why we scoured the net to find the most beloved headphones for workouts. This is what we found!
Best Overall: Jabra Elita Active 75t
Price: $130-$150 Ι Type: True Wireless earphones Ι Battery Life: Around 7 hours. Ι Waterproof: No, but durable to water Ι Sweatproof: Yes Ι Noise Cancellation: Very good
- Comfort: The earbuds slip into your ears and stay put. Their seamless fit makes them great for exercising. No need for mid-workout adjustments.
- Sound Quality: Good, warm, and energetic, yet the intensity of the bass does come at the expense of the sound’s detail.
- Design: Compact and comfortable. They also come in a range of sophisticated colors.
The Jabra Elite 75t’s are some of the best true wireless headphones out there. Boasting zero major faults in any category, the Jabra Elite 75t’s are true all-rounders perfect for those of us who want a balanced yet energetic audio experience for our workouts. The HearThrough mode is a surprisingly useful addition. With a touch of a button, you can instantly tune-in to your surroundings with your headphones still comfortably lodged in your ears.
Overall: Well rounded, affordable, comfortable, and durable. The Jabra Elite Active 75t’s are a pair of headphones you’ll never have to worry about.
Best Budget Pick: Anker SoundCore Liberty Air 2
Price: $250 Ι Type: True Wireless earphones Ι Battery Life: About 7 hours Ι Waterproof: Very durable Ι Sweatproof: Yes Ι Noise Cancellation: Good
- Comfort: Well built. They feel great despite the plastic build and fit nice and tight. They also don’t induce fatigue, which is great.
- Sound Quality: Despite the exaggerated bass levels, the headphones still sound lively and punchy, if not a bit unclear.
- Design: Streamlined and compact. They look surprisingly good considering the price.
The Anker SoundCore Liberty Air 2’s are an incredible pair of headphones that hit way above their price tag. Although the headphones’ exaggerated bass levels can make for a bit of a muddy, unclear sound, this is very much amendable thanks to the SoundCore app, where you can tweak the headphones’ EQ at will.
Overall: Given the quality of the headphones is miles above the price tag, the Anker SoundCore Liberty Air 2’s are a straight-up bargain.